Monday, October 14, 2013

Parasites in Waiting: Day 3

So, while I eat my slightly crunchy rice and wait one more day to add another food, I figured I might as well start making a list of what needs to be tested.  This list is in no particular order although it might be slightly grouped by food group.

  • soy
  • nuts (do these have to be tried individually?  Peanuts? Walnuts? Almonds? Cashews?  I'm not a big nut eater, but it's useful to know)
  • seeds (this applies more to berries which I don't typically eat, but after reading a bit about flaxseed, I might be considering it.  The papaya seed which I mentioned yesterday is only to be chewed on, not necessarily swallowed.)
  • chicken
  • beef
  • pork (In 3 years of living here, I've never eaten pig, but if my body reacts poorly to both chicken and beef, it will probably be tried.)
  • oatmeal  (this will be tried separately from flour because in the US there's an issue of cross-contamination by gluten which is actually the allergen in question here.  I'm not sure of the situation in Guatemala.)
  • normal flour
  • tomatoes
  • potatoes
  • honey
  • high fructose corn syrup (Yes, I do visit the States sometimes)
Things to re-test due to parasite and excessive exposure complications:
  • Sugar
  • Eggs
Anyone think of anything I'm missing here, please let me know.  If I don't have to take any more breaks due to parasites, I should be finishing up right around the end of November.

No comments:

Post a Comment